State of California Employment Development Department shared a link.
57 minutes ago
More updates on EDD’s progress on the new UI system and processing delays:
- On Thursday, September 19, the EDD processed certifications for approximately 47,000 claimants. Of those, 11,000 customers had a certification dating back to the Labor Day week that was cleared from the backlog.
- The EDD started Thursday with a total backlog of about 60,500 claimants waiting beyond ten days for EDD to process their certifications for ongoing benefits. Again, about 11,000 of those were processed by the end of the day through expanded processing efforts which are focused on clearing the oldest certifications first.
- But certifications from 33,000 claimants dating back to September 9th are now beyond ten days so they have been added to the backlog. So as of Friday, September 20, there are approximately 80,000 claimants with backlogged certifications for benefits.
- These backlogged certifications are EDD’s number one priority. Hundreds of staff will be working throughout the weekend, with programmers working around the clock, to clear as much of this backlog as possible.
- We do anticipate the number of backlogged certifications to turn around and significantly decrease over the next several days as we complete more and more of the one-time adjustments needed in these cases.
- The EDD sincerely apologizes for the hardship experienced for those with backlogged certifications for benefits. We are committed to doing everything possible to resolve the backlog issue and get customers cleared of any further undue interruptions.
For more information and updates: http://www.edd.ca.gov/Unemployment/UI_Updates.htm